Sunday, October 17, 2010

The weekend

We had another really great weekend. It wasn't as warm as last weekend, but we still had abundant sunshine and temps in the 60's. Perfect fall weather. Kyla started another session of art classes at the museum. We love being down in University circle. Especially on days when we can enjoy being outside as well as inside the museums. After class, Jon and Kyla played hide and seek on Wade Oval and then we headed over to the Natural History Museum so Kyla could climb on Steggie.

Today Kyla had her second horseback riding lesson. She seems to be really enjoying it. My only complaint is that it's a large class, so they don't get a good deal of time on the horse. They are learning alot about horses though, from grooming to tacking. When we got home from horseback riding lessons there was a message on the answering machine for Kyla. It was her friend Kendall asking her if she wanted to come over to play. Kyla was so excited she could barely contain herself. She called Kendall back (she was so nervous to make the call herself) and after telling Kendall she wanted to have a playdate, the moms got on the phone and made the arrangement. Kyla and Kendall are like two peas in a pod. Both only children, and both have summer birthdays. And because neither of them has older siblings, they're not as worldly as some of the other kids. I'm sure Kyla will have a huge grin on her face when I pick her up.

Last Wednesday we had quite a scare. The bus was late dropping Kyla off so I called the school. The school said she was in the bus line, but the driver confirmed she was not on the bus. So for about 20 minutes I didn't know where Kyla was. My thoughts went to very bad places. After sprinting out of work, I got a call from the principal saying that Kyla was on the bus. Apparently the bus driver asked if there was a Kayla on the bus. When she didn't answer (because that's not her name), he just sped Roland. What I later learned after many calls to the school and the transportation department to find out how this happened was that our bus stop had changed. There's construction on Roland and it's too hard for buses to tun onto Roland because of it. We were supposed to get a phone call but we didn't. Had we known, yiayia would have been standing on Ridgebury and would have seen the bus, and the bus driver would have seen her. Kyla was a little shaken up but not as bad as I would have thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment